How to Prepare for your
Professional Carpet Cleaning Appointment.
We look forward to serving you on your upcoming cleaning appointment.
We only ask a few tasks of you to prepare to get the most from our visit.
1. Clear your Floors
There's no need to vacuum your carpets. We pre-vacuum your carpets before we clean them as part of our complete service!
We will also help you move small furnishings.
Large Furniture: We will go around and keep 6 inches away from large pieces of furniture that will not be moved.
We'd also appreciate if you clear the floors of small items such as floor plants, magazine racks, and chairs before we arrive — Also, please pick up toys, boxes, books, and anything else that would be in the way of our cleaning team.
2. Protect your Breakable Items, Valuables, and Drapes
Please remove vases, picture frames, lamps, and other fragile and valuable items from your tables and other stands before we arrive.
If you have full-length draperies, you can tie or pin them up. We recommend that they are around 6 inches off the floor. You can also pin up the "skirts" on beds and other upholstered furniture so they are off the floor.
We provide corner guards to protect your baseboards and walls.
We recommend dusting your baseboards
In order to prevent any layers of existing dust from becoming airborne and settling back onto your freshly-cleaned carpets, we recommend dusting the baseboards in each room that we'll be cleaning before we arrive.
3. Make Arrangements for Your Pets
We recommend that you make some arrangements for your dogs and cats (and other pets). Have them out in the yard or secured in a room that is not being cleaned. Also, since we will need the door slightly opened to allow for our hoses to run outside, we don't want your pets to wander out the door!
4. Take Notes for our Pre-Inspection
Although we perform a full inspection as part of our service, nobody knows your home better than you do.
Please be sure to bring our attention to the highest traffic areas, and if you are aware of any stains or spots that need attention, be sure to show us, so we can give extra care to those areas. Some stains require special cleaning methods. If you know the nature of the spots/stains, please let us know.
5. Please have a parking space for us near the entrance.
We will need to park our truck-mounted equipment close to the entry door so we can run our hoses into your home. The closer the better.
Please note: If there's a possibility you will want to leave while we are cleaning, remove your vehicle from the garage so your vehicle won't be blocked in by our cleaning truck.
6. Please show us where the nearest water spigot is.
We may need clean fresh water from your water spigot. Thank you!
7. Prepare for AFTER the Cleaning Job
Please plan ahead for about 8 hours of drying time after your cleaning. Drying time can vary depending on environmental conditions such as temperature, humidity, and air-flow.
For best results, follow these tips after your cleaning:
• Leave the blocks and tabs we put under your furniture legs for about 24 hours.
• After about 24 hours, it's ok to put your chairs, magazine racks, and other furnishings back onto the carpet.
• Avoid walking with shoes on your carpet until it is completely dry. Also, please be cautious when walking from the damp carpet to any hard-surface floors. We will provide booties for each family member and "CAUTION! WET!" signs on hard surfaces to prevent slipping.
• To help speed up the drying time, you can open windows and turn on fans to provide air flow — running your A/C or heat may also help.
• Don't let your kids or pets lie down on the carpet until it is completely dry.
That's all we need!
Thank you for your cooperation.
It helps us to give you the best possible results in the least amount of time.
If you have any questions about this list, or anything related to cleaning carpet, upholstery, tile and grout, and maintaining a healthy home, please feel free to give us a call, and we'll be happy to help.
To your clean and healthy home!